1 reply to this topic

#1 BobK

BobK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I don't like the new Glary Utilities..  

The old one was straightforward,  I liked the startup fixerupper, and the disk cleaning..

This new version is NOT easy to understand compared to the old.  Yes,  I got used to

the old format, and yes I had drastic (& this was) change in appearance for change's sake..

I did what I thought was disk cleanup and only 1.6 Mb was found!!?  No way.. there is lots

more crap out there (shades of the old Crap Cleaner ;-) ..

Come on guys,  fix your interface - it is not as easy to understand as the old one  (to wit:

I NEVER had to come to your site to find out how to use it.. & here I am and STILL can't

fathom where the hell your old functions disappeared to.

---- edit add on.

Just reran the disk clean, and 0 Mb were found,  then ran CCleaner and *IT* found 6.8Mb more!

You didn't even look at cookies or adobe or windows explorer!   Those were loaded as was  

Windows MS Antimalware ..

--- 2nd edit add on..

This gets better..   I had ended the previous,  having found nothing on the second run, and ran

CCleaner - which found much more..  So I restarted Glary, and did a clean disk again to see

if it'd be negative (as so much more it missed was cleaned ;-)  .. AND THIS TIME - it finds

142 files  for 4.94 MB!! ..  WHAT?       & The old version gave me a 'file list'  the new one,  I  

have just found it hidden under a button click ..  your default exceeds the size of the window,

where the file list doesn't .. Why not leave file list as the default?   

THEN, when I had it clean this new 5MB found,  it reverted to the incomprehensible result,

and clicking File List again shows - nothing..   ..

sigh...

#2 Stefan Rusu

Stefan Rusu

root@localhost

• Administrators
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSibiu, Rom├ónia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

TBH I still use CCleaner since the days of Crap Cleaner. No reason to switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users